This is where we'll announce the most recent additions to our web site. If you've
visited us before and want to know what's changed, take a look here first.
- Changing the allocation of work to handle an industrial strength application
- Call Centre Support
- A paper describing support provided by answering questions on complex documents.
- Knowledge Representation and
- A summary of the knowledge facets needed for engineering or medical knowledge.
- An Automated Doctor
- We have started on the task of automatically reading a medical textbook, and extracting
the semantic structure in a form that is suitable for use in diagnosis (the state and
attributes of the current patient temporarily drive and modify the semantic structure). We
started with a chapter on Abdominal Pain, which soon led us to poorly localised pain based
on position of organs in the embryo, which means we have a discontinuous timeline for the
patient and a lot more stuff to shove in. There are a lot of adjectives in medical text,
such as hepatic, renal, whose only purpose is to lead you to the object - we have made
these a special class. We have also had to get much more interested in persistent states -
an open door, a sick child. We will be publishing medical
design notes as we go along.
- We are starting to look at another area where billions of dollars are wasted. Learning
from text would seem an essential part of the creation of an automated medical analyst.
- We have added an example of a technical description document - a Pressurised Water
Reactor - it has challenges different to those of specifications.
- Bid Compliance
- A presentation on ensuring a bid complies with a specification
- Semantic Search
- The rationale for Semantic Search and a simple example
- Document QA
- Quality Assurance on the knowledge in documents
- Gallery - Parsing
- Examples of structure building while parsing
- Knowledge Representation
- Examples of knowledge representation in an undirected network
We are now looking at taking high reliability information extraction into other areas,
such as Medical, and going back over the entire planning spectrum of Systems Engineering -
FPS, System Spec, SOW, VVP.
Other ORION groups are focused on other uses for the technology in:
|Semantic Search - using the semantic structure to search over a large
and dense corpus, and answer queries.|
|Tricorder - a quest for the ultimate automated diagnostician.|
Recent Technical Papers, Notes and Presentations